Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Everyday English Eli and Mom clean the apartment , Intermediate English



Mom and Eli, 
14 year old son are cleaning at home. 

Mom: Eli, We need to clean up the living room. 

Eli: Mom, I have lots of homework today, can we do it tomorrow? 

Mom, no dear, if we do it together I promise that you will have time to do your homework. 

Eli: Ok, What do we do first? 

Mom: First we need to put the chairs up on the table. 

Eli: But, he looks at her, but then starts to put the chairs up.  We need to pick up the baby's toys. 

Mom: Yes, put them into the crib, I'll put them away later.  Now we have space to sweep under the table. 

Eli: Where is the broom?  I know I saw it yesterday!

Mom: It is here in the bathroom.  We need to remember to put the cleaning materials back in to the service porch after we use them. 

Eli: I know.  He sweeps the floor. 

Mom: Wow, you did a great job!  Now we need to put out the laundry!

Eli: Can Emma do that?  I really need to start on my homework. 

Mom: If you take the sheets, I'll do the shirts.  I will put them on the new laundry rack that I just got! It is in the service porch, we just open it up and now the small items don't fly away! 

 https://amzn.to/45X9i4R

 Eli: There I'm done, 

Mom: Eli, thanks for your help.  I will make a cake for Shabbat Thanks a lot! 


Questions: 
Who are the two people in the story? 
What does Mom want to do today? 
What does Eli need to do instead of clean? 
Why does Mom not agree? 
What new item did Mom buy?  Why? 
What did Mom promise to make as a reward? 

Written by Rachael Alice Orbach, English teacher
If you purchase from a link, the blog owner will earn a small commission at no further cost to you. 


No comments:

Common vocabulary words to study for this week's English test!

  Words to learn today!  Many students have English tests coming up this week, so here is a list of common words that might come up on your ...