Thursday, October 26, 2023

English Conversation! Everyday English.

 Today we are going to work on Everyday English!




Making dinner together!


Mom: (coming home from work)

Hi, Anyone home? 


Ella: Yeah, I'm home, did you bring anything good to eat? 


Mom: Yes, I bought some chicken and potatoes to make for dinner, then we will have some fruit for dessert. 


Ella: But I want something good to eat now. 


Mom: Ella, you know that we don't snack before dinner. 


Ella: But Mom, 


Mom: Its ok, help me to make dinner and we will make cookies for Shabbat, ok? 


Ella: Ok, I'll change clothes now. 


Mom: You can just put on an apron. 


Ella: Ok, When is Dad coming home? 


Mom: In about a half an hour, so we need to start cooking now.


Ella: What should I do first? 


Mom: I need you to peel three potatoes, the put them in a pot and start the water to boil. 


Ella: Do we have to have mashed potatoes? 


Mom: I have another recipe in mind for the potatoes. 


Ella: Good, I am tired of mashed potatoes. 


Mom: I will teach you a new recipe for the potatoes. I"m making the chicken with curry, it will be very tasty!


For extra credit: Make this recipe at home! 

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-chicken-curry-11924

No comments:

Common vocabulary words to study for this week's English test!

  Words to learn today!  Many students have English tests coming up this week, so here is a list of common words that might come up on your ...