Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The Master Key by L.Frank Baum- Narrated by Rachael Alice Orbach

Everybody loves the Wizard of Oz.  It is a great book, and L. Frank Baum himself supervised the movie with Judy Garland.  

Not every knows however, that he wrote many other books, include 14 more Wizard of Oz books, and many other books with other characters.  

One of the most surprising books is "The Master Key."  I am not going to give away the plot of the book, but it is as Baum had a time machine and came to the 21st Century and picked out his favorite invention and wrote about in the year 1900! 

I have a treat for you!  You can read along with me as I narrate this book!  

When my kids were little, I used to read a chapter of many different books every night as their bedtime treat.  So the kids are all grown up now and I still like to read, so you all in YouTube land get to benefit now. 




Here is the playlist that I started as I do a video of each chapter as I read it: 
https://youtu.be/E8EQoV6Q6HY

I read each chapter, and the text is on the screen, well except for the first one, because I was still figuring out how to do it, but the rest are with the text. 

I use my own music for the background, and you can find these songs either on YouTube, search for Rachael Alice Orbach, or on Spotify, Amazon, Google Play, Deezer. . . well, you get the idea. 

So, have fun with the Master Key.  I will add to the play list as I narrate more chapters!  

If you like the book, then forward this blog post! 

If you are learning English, you can also use these videos to improve your English level.  
1. Listen to the video, and see how much you can understand. 
2. Listen again, and this time, read the text as I read it too you. 
3. Listen again, but this time close your eyes and see if you understand everything! 

Good Luck!
Rachael 

P.S.  If you buy from the Amazon link, I get a very small percentage of the sale, at no extra cost to you. 
This helps me justify the time it takes me to make the videos. . . :~ 

No comments:

Baby Shark Game like Hangman. . .

This is an example of how I played the game today with a student:  You can print this or play it using Zoom! I think of a word from the less...