Fill in the correct form: There is / There are
There is : used for singular subjects There are is used for plural subjects
Example: There is a woman hanging out her laundry.
1. _______________________ a man reading a newspaper on the roof.
2. _______________________ two people leaving the hospital
3. _______________________ a workman on the roof.
4. _______________________ five people eating in the restaurant.
5. _______________________ an ambulance next to the clinic.
6. _______________________ Nan!
7. _______________________ the twins crossing the street!
8. _______________________ the bleach, under the sink.
Write your own sentences using There is or There are.
Use correct punctuation!
Questions using There is or There are.
Move the Is /are to the beginning of the sentence
Example: Is there an apple on the table?
Are there any forks in the dishwasher?
Write in the correct form of is/are in the following questions.
1._______________________there enough room in the class for me?
2. ______________________ there any pencils in the drawer?
3. ______________________ there a jacket in the closet?
4. ______________________ there any tickets available for the concert tonight?
5. ______________________ there an extra battery for my phone?
6. ______________________ there some people at the party already?
7. ______________________ there any dishsoap left in the bottle?
8. ______________________ there any space left on the bookshelf?