Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Because of Winn-Dixie Chapter 1

This is a favorite book of mine, but I didn't like the movie that much.   It tells of life in a small town, where the supermarket is called Winn-Dixie.   The first class takes place on Adar 1, (February 10th) at 16:30-17:00,  We will read the First Chapter, talk about vocabulary words and answer the questions.  Open to 10 students only.  E-mail as soon as possible to reserve your space! rachael5760@yahoo.com


Key Terms
skidded - to come to a stop
The pound a place where stray animals are taken

Questions

What did India Opal Buloni need to buy at the market?
What did she come back with?
What did the dog do?
Why did the dog want to thank the Manager?
Why did the store manager want to cry?
Why did she choose the name Winn-Dixie?
What condition was the dog in?
How did Winn-Dixie show that he wanted a new home?

Predict what her father (the preacher) is going to say about the dog,

Homework:

Tell about a time where you did something different than what you planned.
What did you do? Where was it? What was the reactions of your family and friends? Use more space to write if you need to!

_________________________________________________

__________________________________________________

__________________________________________________

__________________________________________________
Example:
I had told my friends that I was going to go to music camp, Tanglewood Music Camp in Northern California,  and play clarinet. They were all very jealous of me, because at the end of the summer I would be so much better, I would get the 1st chair in the Emerson Band!  But instead, I had to go to summer school and work on math.  It was a great disappointment to me and still it didn't help my math grades.  My family was relieved that I stayed home because Tanglewood Camp was very expensive.  And my friends were relieved too, but I did spend a lot of time practicing clarinet, I didn't progress as much as I would have at camp, but enough.  

If you want your work to be corrected, schedule a private 15 minute session with Rachael,  15NIS






Lesson Plan by Rachael Alice Orbach
To participate in the Group lesson on WowApp https://www.wowapp.com First sign up for Wow, then send an email to rachael5760@yahoo.com to sign up for the class. Hope to see you there! - More questions and key terms may be added at anytime!

No comments:

Common vocabulary words to study for this week's English test!

  Words to learn today!  Many students have English tests coming up this week, so here is a list of common words that might come up on your ...