Sunday, November 1, 2015

Eats, Shoots and Leaves - Book Review

Yes, I know that books about English grammar just don't seem like light hearted reading  For the most part, when I teach in a class face to face, when I start to write sentence diagrams, the students, one by one fall asleep. . . and then the bell rings, or someone coughs, and they wake up to do the exercises or run out the door.

I'm here to tell you that this is one book about English grammar that will keep you laughing!  Where you put a comma, can change the whole sentence! 

Yes, it's true. 


How would you say the following sentences? 

A girl, without her cat, is nothing. 

A girl; without her, cat is nothing. 

Ok, well it works better with men and women, but you have to read the book for other examples!  

Have fun with punctuation! 

Here is an at home course that you can use to improve your English
Learn English at Home without a Teacher!


Rachael Alice Orbach - English teacher

No comments:

Baby Shark Game like Hangman. . .

This is an example of how I played the game today with a student:  You can print this or play it using Zoom! I think of a word from the less...