Thursday, March 26, 2015

One good turn deserves another English Conversation Lesson

We all want to do acts of kindness, but how many of us really act on it in a positive way?  I have many people come to my door asking for charity.  Sometimes I give with a smile, but sometimes I have to admit I don't.  This story warmed my heart as I hope that it will warm yours. 


Read this story and discuss it with your English teacher 
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/20/custard-kindness/25077959/

Key Terms
eatery 
dessert
It's on me
gratitude
 brightened it up
gift cards
 franchise

Questions
What did Travis Sattler do that was so unusual?
How did the boy feel? 
How did the cashier feel?
What did the boy do as they were leaving? 
What was wrapped up in the note?
What does the manager of the restaurant want to give the boy's family?
What are they going to give Sattler?
Why is this also unusual?
What does Travis Sattler want to save his tip for? 
Why do you think he might be very good in that future job?
What would you do if you were in a similar situation? 
Would your reaction now change because of reading and seeing this video?



Lesson Plan by Rachael Alice Orbach - Professional English Teacher

No comments:

Common vocabulary words to study for this week's English test!

  Words to learn today!  Many students have English tests coming up this week, so here is a list of common words that might come up on your ...