Friday, January 20, 2012

Words Commonly Confused Worksheet

Words Commonly Confused Worksheet

For each of the following sentences, circle the word or words that best complete the sentence correctly. 

  1. I couldn’t decide ( which           witch ) color shoes I wanted.
  2. Your paper is ( do            due ) next week.

  1. I do not ( no    know ) the answer to this problem.

  1. I got into a fight with my sister because she always thinks she’s ( right    write ).

  1. The ( cite    site    sight ) of the new shopping mall is over    ( their    there    they’re ).

  1. I’m not sure ( weather    whether ) it will rain this weekend or not.

  1. I will have to ( accept    except ) the fact that I will never be a great basketball player.

  1. My new job had a bad ( affect    effect ) on my grades.

  1. Make sure you do ( your    you’re ) homework right after school.

  1. I ( hear    here ) that you’ve won a trip to Europe.

  1. What should I ( wear    where    were ) to the dance?

  1. My friends have seen me ( threw    through ) some difficult times.

  1. I talked ( to    too    two ) my brother yesterday.

  1. He bought ( to    too    two ) speakers ( to    too    two ) complete his stereo system.

  1. I saw ( their    there    they’re ) mom sitting ( their    there    they’re).

  1. I think ( their    there    they’re ) in trouble!

  1. You can use those ( clothes    cloths ) to wash the car.

  1. My mom took me shopping for new school ( clothes    cloths ).
  2. New surgeries for blind people can restore ( their    there    they’re ) (cite  sight  site).

  1. We are ( already    all ready ) for summer vacation.

  1. Doctors need to monitor how the new drug ( affects    effects ) patients.

  1. I ( would of    would’ve ) called, but my phone’s battery died.

  1. The quarterback was sacked so hard, he was not ( conscience    conscious ) when they carried him off the field.

  1. She was ( quiet    quite ) surprised by her birthday present.

  1. I would love to go shopping, ( accept    except ) that I have a big project ( do    due ) tomorrow.

  1. The dog chewed on ( its    it’s ) squeaky toy.

  1. My neighbor dressed as a ( which    witch ) for Halloween.

  1. My ( conscience    conscious ) told me that stealing was wrong.

  1. I came in ( forth    fourth ) place in the track meet.

  1. When we ( passed    past ) the creepy house, I could ( have    of ) sworn I saw a ghost in the window.

  1. Mr. Mackin is the ( principal    principle ) of our school.

  1. He wasn’t feeling well, so he went to the nurse’s to ( lay    lie ) down.

  1. If the ( weather    whether ) is bad, we will have to cancel our camping trip.

  1. ( Who’s    Whose ) backpack is this?

  1. In study hall, all students must be ( quiet    quite ).

  1. The Golden Rule is a ( principal    principle ) we should all live by.

  1. ( Wear    Were    Where ) you scared during the movie at all?

  1. Please ( lay    lie ) your tests in the basket when you are done with them.

  1. I don’t know ( who’s    whose ) going on the field trip.

  1. She couldn’t remember ( wear    were    where ) she had put her purse.

  1. Try not to ( lose    loose ) this ticket.  You can’t win the prize without it.

  1. I have seen ( a lot    alot    allot ) of horror movies.

  1. I would rather be poor and happy ( than    then ) rich and sad.

  1. You look sick.  Do you feel ( alright    all right )?

  1. I have ( already    all ready ) seen that movie; let’s see something else.

  1. Clean your room, and ( than    then ) you may watch TV.

  1. Once we have collected the money, we will ( a lot    alot    allot ) it to several charities.

  1. The saddle was ( to    too    two ) ( loose    lose ) and he was thrown from the horse.

  1. Do you think ( its    it’s ) going to rain?

  1. I should ( have    of ) taken my dad’s ( advice    advise ).

  1. If you want to ( do    due ) well on a test, ( your    you’re ) going to have to study.

  1. For the assignment, the teacher asked us to ( right    write ) 500 words.

  1. In a paper, you must always ( cite    sight    site ) where your facts came from.

  1. He ( threw    through ) the ball right ( hear   here ) and broke a car window.

  1. To get the baby to stop crying, I rocked it back and ( forth    fourth ).

  1. He lives ( passed    past ) that bridge in the red house.

  1. I would ( advice    advise ) you to go into your basement if the tornado siren goes ( of    off ).

  1. ( Know    No ), you may not go to that concert unless ( your    you’re ) 18.

4 comments:

Digitally Yours said...

Thanks for sharing this. Why not make it into a googleform - then you can have kids to it online, and then using fluberoo self-check it and collect their answers! With your permission, I will do it and share it with you
Thanks
Adele

Kobi Lavy said...

Thank you Rachel for sharing this. It's great. Adele I'd love to get the link of the google form as well.
all the best
Kobi

Linda Kuras Mizrahi said...

Thank you so much, Rachel!
Linda Kuras Mizrahi

Unknown said...

Great worksheet! I would also like to get a link to the google form, if one has been made. Can it be posted here?
Thanks,
Elana

Baby Shark Game like Hangman. . .

This is an example of how I played the game today with a student:  You can print this or play it using Zoom! I think of a word from the less...