Sunday, April 16, 2023

I see Sam Series of Phonics books. Review

 In addition to my own series of lessons, I also often look at what else is offered on line. 


Today I found the I see Sam series !

https://iseesam.com/reading-for-all-learners-home-education-and-send-home-digital-edition/


You can go to the link and teach on line from the color deluxe edition! Now they are charging a per month subscription to the series. It might be worth it for a month or two depending on how much you can get your child to read. 

One thing very interesting is that they don't teach the alphabet in order, and start right away to actually read.  

It is very important to read the instructor's book, and then teach the student to read a difficult word both ways, The slow way, "aaaaannnnnnnddddd" and the fast way "and."  They also recommond for the student to read each book twice and if there were still mistakes the second time, to even read it again! 


I will use this series as well in addition to all the other resources that I use in my on-line beginning reading lessons.  


If your student needs to have an actual book, they are a bit expensive, so I would get the set on colored paper and not buy the colored edition. 

Thanks!


Rachael Alice Orbach

No comments:

Common vocabulary words to study for this week's English test!

  Words to learn today!  Many students have English tests coming up this week, so here is a list of common words that might come up on your ...