For Chanuka Pictures go to:Chanuka Pictures
- Why is Langston Hughes considered a great American poet?
- What is the main point of the poem.
- What emotion is the voice of the narrator?
- What does eating in the kitchen represent?
- Why was the narrator in the kitchen?
- In stanza two, the narrator tells of his plans to get out of the kitchen. Why is this important?
- What is the narrator's expectations that other people will say?
- How will the narrator feel then?
- What is your general impression of this poem?